Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Birthday dress in white and white.

  Birthday dress in  white and white.
****************************************

"Hai brother!  You look extraordinarily fine in your new dress! "

"Thank you!  This is my birthday dress."

"It is really fine.

  But there is one drawback.

You have chosen white and white, white pants and white shirt."

"What is wrong with whiteness?"

"Nothing wrong. But it easily gets dirty."

"Dress gets dirty when we use it whatever be its colour.

Dirt is easily visible in white.

We must get it washed often. That's all."

"Do you know that whiteness symbolizes innocence and purity of our soul?"

"Yes, I do.That is why we dress our babies in white during baptism."

"Children are always innocent.  But we are not so."

"But. We are expected to be so.

'Believe me, unless you become like little children again, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven'" (Matthew.18:3)


"Yes.  We must be reminded of God’s presence  in our life

when putting on our dress each day.

We should remember

that we have  put on white garments during  baptism

only to remind us of our innocence,

which should be kept throughout our life.

Christ has won us eternal life,

and  we are incorporated into his mystical  body in baptism.

Our soul must  shine with the brilliance of His Transfiguration."


" But  problems may arise to dim this light.

Sin can still soil the white dress of our souls.

We,  Christians, being weak  due to our fallen nature

can tend to tarnish the splendour of grace

that God has given to us, his adopted children.

When this happens,

especially if the stain is serious,

we should  go and clean our soul by the sacrament of confession.  

After absolution, our souls are restored to the splendour of grace, just like a cleaned dress."


"We are restored  our Christian dignity."

"We become like children, who are very pleasing to Jesus."

"I still keep my white dress that adorned me during baptism!"

"Keep to wear?"

"Wear?  I was only twenty days old when  I wore it for the first time. Now I am nearing eighty two!  Even my head won't get into it! "

"Congrats! "

"For what? For the inability of my head to get into my first dress? "

"For your 82nd birthday day dress!"

"Who knows? It may be my last birthday dress!"

"But last is not last. Last day in this world is the first day in the next world!

So, last is first! Not only that, that first will be ever(last)ing!"

Lourdu Selvam.


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment