Saturday, December 22, 2018

Learn from me.

Learn from me.
***************************

My dear brothers and sisters,

You are preparing yourselves for my  birthday celebrations, to be held in   two  days.

You are preparing for it in your own way,

by spending a lot of money for

buying new costly  clothes for you and your family members,

buying Christmas cake to be cut on the Christmas day,

painting your house  and making it look more attractive by your decoratioons

and

buying a lot of other things meant for Christmas celebrations.

I would like to share with you a few facts

about my birthday,

which will be helpful to you

in your preparations.

You know that

I am the Second Person of the Most Holy Trinity and Creator of the vast universe,

of which the world you live in is a small part.

I decided to become a man like you

not to enjoy life,

but to suffer and sacrifice myself on a cross

as amendment for the sins of the whole human race.

I chose a poor Virgin,

whose only wealth was my grace,

with which I filled her.

She is the only human being,

ever born

or to be born

full of grace.

I chose a poor  widower, Joseph, as my foster father.

You know the place where I chose to be born.

If I had wished,

I could have chosen to be born in a palace,

amid all the comforts,

I had power to choose.

But, I chose a cattle shed,

poor in every respect.

The shed was not only  a living place for the cattle,

but also a toilet,

where they attended the call of nature at any time! 

Just imagine the comforts and the fragrance(!) the shed could offer!

Your hands are hurrying up to your nose to prevent the fragrance entry!

It was there,

in such  a stenchy place,

I was born,

without giving labor pain to my dear Mother.

Labor pain was the a result of original sin

and as my Mother was conceived without original sin

she was free from labor pain also.

My Mother swaddled me with old and torn clothes,

which could not save me from the pricking cold  around me.

She laid me in the manger as there was no other better place.

My Mother knew that I was a Divine Child

and my birth place was as per my eternal plan.

She was fully submissive to My will.

She gave me a sweet  smile

and I returned it with a sweeter one!

My first visitors were a few poor shepherds,

who came to know of my birth

from an angelic message that came from above :

"Fear not: for behold I bring you tidings of great joy for all the people 

 Is born this day a Savior, who is Christ the Lord, in the city 

and that you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Note that

My Heavenly Father gives the message

of my having born into the world

first to the poor!

Now decide how you should celebrate my birthday!

Learn from me.

Your loving Brother in our Heavenly Father,

Jesus Christ.

Let us learn from our Saviour.

Let us love the poor and share with them

what we get by sacrificing some of our comforts.

Let our Christmas celebrations be simple.

Child Jesus loves our pure heart, not our rich garments and decorations.

Wish you all a simple and merry Christmas.

Lourdu Selvam.

No comments:

Post a Comment