Sunday, October 15, 2017

Where are the Saints?

Where are the saints?
********************************

One friend of mine asked me: People from all over the world pray to Saints. Their prayers are heard and answered. Are they everywhere like God?

This question sent me back to my confirmation day.

After confirming us, the Bishop started questioning the confirmed.

When he came to me I was looking blank not knowing what he was going to ask me.

He asked me, "Where is Mother Mary?"

Without a second thought, not even a first thought, I said, "Everywhere."

The Bishop gave me a slap at my cheek, saying "In Heaven."

'Everywhere' can be used only when we speak about God.

Then how is it that Saints can hear the prayers said anywhere in the world, unless they are everywhere?

Answer is simple.

All the Saints are in Heaven united with God.

God is everywhere.

As all the Saints are united with and in Communion with God, all our prayers to the Saints are communicated to them through God.

As God is everywhere, prayers said anywhere find their way to the Saints through God.

The moment we pray, Saints receive our prayers through God.

But our 'everywhere' is distinct from God's 'everywhere'.

God is a Spirit and His existence is Spiritual.

God created the material universe and He is Spiritually present everywhere by His knowledge and power.

I am materially present at home.

When I am here, I cannot be anywhere else, because my body is a matter.

One material object can be in only one place at one time.

Saints are Spirits, in union with the Divine Spirit, God.

As God is Spiritually everywhere, even if you speak with the Saints from a planet which is millions of light years away  from our world they can hear you.

Where are the Saints?

They are with and in God.

Lourdu Selvam.


No comments:

Post a Comment