Sunday, October 1, 2017

Birthday present to Jesus.

“What have you to give Jesus for His birthday?
********************************


When we attend the birthday function of a friend, we don’t go there empty handed.

We have a birthday present with us and present it to him during the function.

Just imagine  we attend the birthday function of Our Lord Jesus.

Of course there are three months for the function.

But let us get ourselves ready for the function.

What will we give Him as our birthday gift?

Usually all the attendants don’t bring with them the same gift, of course except those whose gifts are in the form of currency.

Gifts differ from person to person, depending upon the closeness of the relationship of the giver and receiver, the generosity amount and  the economic condition of the giver,   availability of the gift article in the market, so on and so forth.

I asked a few friends of mine what they will give Infant Jesus as their birthday gifts.

Their replies are given below.

“I will buy a new crib set this year and offer it to Jesus.”

“I  will offer my prayers to Jesus.”

“I  will  feed some beggars with sumptuous food.”

“I  will offer donation to my parish Church.”

“I will offer my Christmas celebrations as a gift to Jesus.”

“I will   make a good confession and prepare myself to receive Jesus.   My pure and loving heart is my birthday gift to Jesus ”

“I  will attend  Holy Mass and offer it to Jesus.”

“I will take a resolution never more to insult him by mortal sin.”

“I  will promise Infant Jesus to help those in need unconditionally. I will offer Jesus this promise as my Christmas gift.”

“I will visit the sick in the hospital and pray for their cure.”

“Having nothing as my own in this world, I will offer Infant Jesus Himself to God the Father as my gift as nothing is more precious to Him than His Son.”

“As Jesus was born poor I will promise Him to love the poor and help them.”

“I will make a promise to name my child ‘Christa’ so that I may be reminded of Christ’s love for me whenever I see my child and will offer this promise as my Christmas gift. I will grow my child in the love of Jesus”

“  I will offer myself fully together with all my thoughts, words and actions to Jesus.”

“I will offer myself to Mother Mary to give me to her Son as her gift.”

You choose the best answer from the above or give your own answer if none of the above satisfies you.

Lourdu Selvam.

No comments:

Post a Comment