Friday, October 13, 2017

God operates in us as per His plan.

God operates in us as per His plan.
*************************"*******

One day I went to a doctor for treatment.

After enquiring me for about fifteen minutes to know the exact nature of my trouble, he said to me, "Do you trust me?"

"Doctor, I have full trust in you. Otherwise I would not have come to you for treatment."

"Good. I will cure you. But you must be patient."

"I know you are a doctor and I am a patient. A patient.."

" But what I mean is.."

"I know what you mean. A patient must patient if he wants to be cured completely."

"Exactly. Impatient patients go on changing their doctors and never get cured.''

In our spiritual life patience one of the twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Our spiritual relationship with God must be based on the three Theological virtues: Faith, Hope and Charity.

We must have strong belief in Him.

We must hope that God will surely hear and answer our prayer.

Love of God must be our life.

Our whole spiritual life history can be told just in four sentences.

I believe in God.

I love Him.

I hope that He will save me.

I go to Heaven.

Today's article comes under the third sentence.

Together with belief and love, we need to have trust in God.

If we trust in God, we will be sure that

He will provide us with everything that is needed for our salvation,

Whatever He does in our life will be only for our good,

We are in His hands which will never drop us down, but take us to eternal bliss in His union,

He will surely answer our prayers, taking into consideration our spiritual good.

Surely God will answer our prayers, we should not put any time limit.

Here comes the virtue of patience.

We must patiently wait till our prayer is answered.

God has His own plan for our well-being and He knows when and how our prayer should be answered.

When I was searching for a job, l filled in an application for Railway service commission and and asked for my father's permission to post it.

He simply said, " wait till I tell you".

I obeyed him.

After one week he gave me an application form to apply for Teachers' training.

Without a word I applied for Teachers' training.

Surely my father had chosen for me a better job.

Our Heavenly Father knows what is good for us.

If what we ask for is not good for us, God won't give it.

He will give us only what is good for us, at a time when we really need it.

God operates in us as per His plan which we must accept wholeheartedly.

We cannot foresee the future, but God is omniscient.

Even if we ask Him to give us what want  'right now',  He will give us only at the time fixed by Him.

The following may be a funny analogy, but many a times we too behave like it.

The newly wedded couple's conversation at the first night they meet:

" Hi darling, Why have we been married?''

"To love and live to make a family."

"Correct. How are we to make a   family?"

"We are already a family. We are only to enlarge it by bringing forth children."

"When will the enlargement start?"

"It will take at least nine months."

"Nine months? I can't wait till then. I want a child right now."

"Super fast!  But the building contractor cannot give the building immediately after the contract is signed."

"Hello! I am not fooling. I am serious. We can start our life only after getting a child."

Feel like laughing at the husband?

Many a times we behave like it in our prayer life with God.

We want our prayer to be answered the next moment we have submitted it.

God has His own timings.

He knows what is to be done, at what time.

"Everything must be done by turns; no activity, here beneath the heavens, but has its allotted time for beginning and coming to an end."(Eccl 3:1). 

We must wait patiently till our prayer is answered.

Even if it is not answered the way we desire we must be thankful to God, because He gives only what is good for us.

We should not put any condition to God.

Did God create us asked by us?

Let us love and serve God unconditionally and leave it to Him to take care of us as per His plan.

Lourdu Selvam.

No comments:

Post a Comment