Monday, September 18, 2017

Sola Scriptura.(2)

Sola Scriptura (2)
'The teacher and his notes.'
********************************

One teacher gave his students some notes to be taken down to be of help for preparing for the public exam.

Now one question.

Who is of help to the students for preparing for the exam, the teacher or the notes?

Surely you know the answer.

It is the teacher who gave the notes.

If the student wants some clarification for any point in the notes he must approach the
teacher who gave it, not anybody he sees on the roadside.

If he cannot rely on the teacher, how can he rely the notes he has given?

The Old Testament was inspired by the same God who inspired the New Testament.

The New Testament was written by the Catholic Church, instituted by the same God who authored the Old Testament.

The successors of the Apostles of Jesus, the bishops of the Church, decided on the canon, the list of books to be declared scriptural and infallible.

If Scripture is infallible, then its cause, the Catholic Church, also must  be infallible.

Jesus instituted only one Church, which is 'Apostolic and Catholic'.

Just see how many Churches have the 'sola Scriptura' people generated!

Each one interprets the Bible in his own way and each interpretation gives birth to one 
denomination.

As many interpretations so many denominations!

Jesus said,
"It is not only for them that I pray; I pray for those who are to find faith in me through their word;

 21 that they may all be one; that they too may be one in us, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee; so that the world may come to believe that it is thou who hast sent me. 

22 And I have given them the privilege which thou gavest to me, that they should all be one, as we are one; 

23 that while thou art in me, I may be in them, and so they may be perfectly made one. So let the world know that it is thou who hast sent me, and that thou hast bestowed thy love upon them, as thou hast bestowed it upon me. 

24 This, Father, is my desire, that all those whom thou hast entrusted to me may be with me where I am, so as to see my glory, thy gift made to me, in that love which thou didst bestow upon me before the foundation of the world. 

25 Father, thou art just; the world has never acknowledged thee, but I have acknowledged thee, and these men have acknowledged that thou didst send me. 

26 I have revealed, and will reveal, thy name to them; so that the love thou hast bestowed upon me may dwell in them, and I, too, may dwell in them."

From the words of Jesus we know that Jesus instituted one Church and wants it to be one.

If the 'sola Scriptura' people believe in the Bible why in the world did they go away from the Christ-instituted Church to generate their own churches?

Should they have not remained united with the Catholic Church which alone was instituted by Jesus?

If the 'sola scriptura,' policy  were true   the first generation of Christians could not have been saved, because the New Testament did not exist then.

They depended only on the Apostles and other disciples of Jesus to know  Him and His teachings.

Before the Gospels were written the Apostles transmitted the message they received from Jesus to the people who didn't know Him.

This alone is enough to prove that 'sola Scriptura' policy is wrong.

Lourdu Selvam.

No comments:

Post a Comment